Duo - Swim school - Wimbledon Park
Linden Lodge School
6m by 4m
This School needed an additional teaching room large enough to include storage space, as well as a small office. Free real estate was at a premium but a small area alongside the basketball court was identified. The ground was not level but the concrete pile foundations were raised at one end to create the perfectly level base. With such a â€˜tightâ€™ area on which to build, the high metal fence alongside the basketball court had to be removed. This was carefully reinstated upon completion of the build. With no WC or sink within the building, main drainage was not required but a soakaway was installed to assist in the run off of rain water. Access to the site was restricted but this did not pose a problem as we were able to transport the component materials manually and with pallet trolleys, from the main delivery carpark.
- Apex roof and vaulted ceiling: This stunning yet functional design ensured maximum light and a feeling of space was achieved within the classroom and office.
- Internal office: The design incorporated an insulated floor to ceiling partition wall and internal door, creating a separate office. Internal glazing across the apex, mirroring the design of the external wall, ensured maximum natural light flooded through the whole building.
- Quality glazing: High performance glazing was installed throughout, providing excellent thermal insulation (its U-value being only 1.0 w/m2k) as required to achieve government energy and emissions regulation. It has improved heat reflection and glare reduction properties which are especially beneficial with the roof glazing, plus a special coating, fully integrated into the surface of the glass, that ensures long-lasting self-cleaning properties.
- Disabled access: Extra width door enabled wheel chair access into the classroom, in complaince with Part M of Building Regulations and the Disability Discrinamtion Act.
- Western red cedar cladding: Chosen from our wide range of external finishes, this beautiful FSC wood adds to the thermal efficiency of the SIPs (structured insulated panels) of the building. It is naturally robust and kiln dried so it will not warp or swell. It requires no maintenance, slowly silvering over time, though it can be oiled annually if preferred.
- Powder coated aluminium frames: These sleek highly quality frames never stick or warp and are maintenance free. We offer a wide range of RAL coded colours (here the frames are in anthracite grey) enabling you to match your new classroom to existing buildings, if desired.